Direct MP3 Download: Podnutz Daily #160 – Slap That Computer
“That’s all we do here to fix computers.
We hit them and talk to them and give them back ..”
– How to repair a laptop keyboard with bad keys
– Found: a DV6000 with a sane motherboard
– Darik’s Boot And Nuke stand alone or found on UBCD4Win
– Installing windows updates/hourglassing/let updates finish!
– My Dad’s favorite trojan remover program is called Trojan Remover by Simply Super Software
– Fix hdc (hard drive controller)
– easus disk copy is a very simple cloning tool
– You should not have to run malwarebytes on every account
– DOS computer came in running Lotus 1-2-3 w/ missing functions
– Laptop with 3 missing keys – rather that buying each key, replacing keyboard
– My Yellow Pages Ad just may be a great return
– The Great Tech Debate Episode 4 (now released)
– NEW LINK for laptop videos: podnutz.com/laptoprepairvideos
Email from New Listener:
– Comment on the power jack repair video and not wearing a wrist strap
Email from GLF:
– Using the free malwarebytes in a shop/site license?
Email from Gary
– Have you tried Yoog search engine
– Google search shows HOW TO REMOVE yoog
– Not linking to it. Sorry. Possible malware?
Voice Mail from Simon
– Help with strange memory issues (thorough – as always)
VoiceMail from Ben:
– Issues with Vista reading external drives
– Local dollar stores sells led lights as booklights. Great for techs
Live call from Timster:
– Satellite Toshiba laptop with power jack issues
Live call from Mitch:
– How do you set your volt meter?