Direct MP3 Download: Podnutz Daily #346 – Nick From D7
Nick Shaw from FoolshIT.com joins us to talk about his program you all love, D7!
Hosted by Eric Arduini from SilliconWrench.com
Podnutz Daily #346 Show Notes
Nick Shaw, FoolishIT.com author of the D7, the multi functional computer service utility to assist technicians in gaining quick access to system information and automating tasks for discovering and solving problems. Nick, who has been a bench tech, independently and for multiple companies, since 1997, developed D7 to address the complex demands of the repetitive processes technicians encounter daily. He discusses here its functions, evolution, and choices he mad in development. This is a must listen episode for extensive eye-opening commentary on this full-featured utility by the developer. Also visit Follish IT Fourms for more support information.
- D7 layout
- Customization features
- Command line options
- D7 Auto is a benefit of registration
- Optional downloads
- D7 Dependencies
- App Launcher
- User intervention considerations
- The Outerbanks Hotline — Ricks regular job
- Computer Guy IT Solutions — another part-time activity
- How Nick uses D7 when he diagnoses computers
- Included functions in Malware scans — pre-malware scan and malware scan components
- File Handler file system component
- IFEO Modifier (Image File Execution Options)
- KillEmAll (similar to Rkill)
- Find Move Shortcuts
- Reset Hidden Volume — Ransomware, SMTemp files
- Many references to included and automated utilities and that are frequently used and respected by experienced technicians
- If you’re having problems with D7, you can contact Rick at email@example.com
A listener asks about a “PXE-61 Media Test Failure” error. The consensus diagnoses by Eric and Nick is that it is an unresponsive hard drive
No calls in the queue today. Call us and leave a message. We want to hear from you.
NOTE to Live-Show Listeners:
Live shows of Podnutz Daily are normally scheduled to broadcast on Thursday nights at 7:00 pm. However, changes sometimes occur — join the Podnutz Hotlist to receive immediate notification of occasional schedule changes.
DON’T FORGET TO CHECK OUT
Podnutz HOTLIST and WEEKLY DEALS
- Talk to other Podnutz fans on teamspeak using these credentials– podnutz.instantts.net port 4201
- Go here for DoorToDoorGeek’s Spreadsheet with all Android App Adicts app picks
- Get Podnutz T-shirts and hats here!
- Looking for a great tech resource and informative interaction? Check out the Podnutz Forums!
- Go here for links, compiled by Mike Evans at datamike.net, to commonly referenced resources on Podnutz.