Direct MP3 Download: Podnutz – The Computer Repair Podcast #249 – Auditing Process for New Client
Live Call-In Show for Computer Repair Techs every Sunday at 4:00-5:30pm EST
Hosted by: Jeff Halash from TechNutPC.com
Google+ Jeffery Halash
Computer Repair Podcast #249 Video
To send a voicemail or to be on the show live, call 1-888-697-0162
Support This Show
Topic: How to go about auditing a new client when it seems overwhelming and you don’t know where to start.
Sign up to be a guest on The Computer Repair Podcast or Podnutz Daily by sending an E-Mail to Guest@Podnutz.com
Thanks is not a strong enough for Matt, Corey and Dave. I will definitely
Matt Rodela: TechSiteBuilder (John and Jeff are customers)
Corey Fruitman: Instant Housecall
Dave Greenbaum: Dr. Dave
Shout Outs: Mike (who is the key), Michael (who kills the Malware), Anton (who has the tool), Matt (it’s a Jeep thing), David (there is a checklist right) , Taran (West Coast beer man), Paul (the NetTool) and everyone else.
Netool – Network Engineering Tool (Thanks Paul from keyescomputer.com)
Chris: Manage customer expectations:
Jeff: Computer Life. 1 Computer Year = 15 Years
Start with a network overview:
Performs a ping sweep and displays live devices.
- Fully supports both IPv4 and IPv6 discovery.
- Detects hardware MAC-addresses, even across routers.
- Detects hidden shared folders and writable ones.
- Detects internal and external IP addresses.
- Scans for listening TCP ports, some UDP and SNMP services.
- Retrieves currently logged-on users, configured user accounts, uptime, etc.
- Supports remote SSH, PowerShell and VBScript command execution.
- Launches external third party applications.
- Exports results to HTML, XML, JSON, CSV and TXT.
- Supports Wake-On-LAN, remote shutdown and sending network messages.
- Retrieves any system information via WMI, remote registry, file system and service manager.
Questions to Ask (good resource to start) Informed IT
Servers (anything virtual)
DMARC (demarcation point) – where is it?
Routers, Switches, NAS, Access Points
Printers, Scanners, Copiers
Phone, Fire, Security, Elevators
Is this the only office? (Satellite Office)
How is the contact person?
Line of Business Application
Email, Domains, DNS
IT Budgeting Thoughts: